The Accounting/Financial Analyst for Diocesan Catholic Schools reviews the financial records and financial management processes at parishes and schools to ensure compliance with Diocesan standards and policies as well as civil laws and regulations. The Accounting/Financial Analyst also prepares detailed reports on schools internal control findings and makes appropriate recommendations to the Chief Financial Officer to improve internal controls, financial operations and business processes to include:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Devise and implement audits of schools for conformity to Diocese and schools policies and procedures including: general ledger transactions for appropriate recording and classifications, procedures for selection and payment of vendors, bank reconciliations and approval processes, payroll procedures and policy, as well as part-time employees’ hours for benefit eligibility purposes.
- Oversee and review accounting controls at schools including: separation of duties; system of approvals for disbursements; control over receipts including weekly collections, capital campaign collections and special events, etc.
- Formulate recommendations to address common problems and assists in policy development and methods of implementation.
- Inspect accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value.
- Schedule and conduct finance audits.
- Draft reports on Financial Audits.
- Keep spreadsheets on Financial Audit comments and frequency of comments.
- Retain completed reports and work papers.
- Willing to travel to school locations throughout the Diocese.
- Assist in special projects and performs other duties as needed.
- Collaborative but assertive personality.
- Patient, responsible, committed, and able to deliver the message in a strong and consistent manner.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills and the ability to work independently.
- Able to multi-task and pay attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy with strong skills in Word, Excel, e-mail systems and other appropriate programs.
- A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Knowledge of the non-profit environment and familiarity with the workings of the Catholic Church is preferred.
- Background screening and Safe Environment training required.
EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant is desirable.
- Auditing experience is particularly desirable.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in finance and accounting is required.
Submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com.
See all job opportunities in the Diocese of Youngstown at doy.org/jobs