The Diocese of Youngstown is seeking a full-time, highly organized, and detail-oriented administrative assistant to support the ministerial operations of the St. Columba Cathedral Rectory. In addition, the Administrative Assistant provides direct administrative support to the Cathedral Rector.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient ministerial operations of the Cathedral Rectory, closely following established Parish policies and procedures.
- Answers phone calls, prepares for meetings, greets and assists visitors and parishioners.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, preparing informational flyers and weekly bulletins, etc.
- Maintains databases of information related to parish membership and contributions through ParishSoft.
- Records and maintains Sacramental Registers.
- Exhibits polite, professional, timely and inclusive communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Maintains supplies inventory (for Rectory, Cathedral, and Cathedral Hall) by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Assist with banking and bookkeeping procedures
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven administrative assistant/office experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures including basic bookkeeping skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong technology skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google calendar required. Ability to learn new software programs.
- Professionalism, discretion and judgment, confidentiality
- Works collaboratively with church leaders and lay staff
Education and Experience Requirements:
- At least a high school diploma or equivalent education
- 3 to 5 years of relevant administrative assistant/office experience
- A practicing Catholic, in good standing with the Church preferred
- Successful completion of Safe Environment Policy requirements (fingerprint screening, credit check, and VIRTUS training) required
Documents needed to apply:
- Letter of interest
- Professional references (3)
Please submit required documents via email to email@example.com.
See all job opportunities in the Diocese of Youngstown at doy.org/jobs