- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings, maintains calendars and supports visitors.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, collating and distributing mail, etc.
- Creating and maintaining filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results.
- Assists Pastor with special projects
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- A practicing Catholic, in good standing with the Church
- Works collaboratively with church leaders and lay staff
- Must be a self-starter and perform duties independently
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent education required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- At least 3 years of administrative assistant/office experience
- Knowledge of computer software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Successfully meet Safe Environment Policy requirements (i.e., background screening and VIRTUS training)
Please submit a resume to employment@youngstowndiocese.
See all job opportunities in the Diocese of Youngstown at doy.org/jobs