SUMMARY: To sell paid advertising for the Diocese of Youngstown’s print, digital and multimedia products. To create and execute new revenue-generating ideas, including efforts to seek grants, foster partnerships and sponsorships for all types of media. To coordinate all advertising efforts.
PRIMARY DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Practicing Catholic committed to the mission, values, and evangelization charge of the Diocese of Youngstown and the Catholic Church
- Sell advertising space in the print magazine and on the diocesan media website. Eventually, this role may also oversee advertising associated with diocesan radio/podcasts, video media and events
- Nurture client relationships and client satisfaction. This will include in-person meetings to present advertising opportunities and negotiate sales. It will also require fast response times on service requests and the ability to manage the creation and placement of ads with the production department.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to hit sales goals.
- Work with Publications Editor to create sales goals for upcoming budget years.
- Research new clients and maintain and organize existing client lists.
- Run reports and be able to discuss or present on sales activities as required
- Maintain and develop advertising promo sheets with the production department
- Create and mail promotional flyers to customers for special advertising events
- Provide billing department with ad cost information for each issue and collect on past-due accounts
- Coordinate tear-sheets to send via mail or email, depending on client preferences
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- To sell for special advertising guides in the magazine and set up the guide schedule. Lead pagination efforts for the magazine and ensure that ads are delivered to the production department within the deadline
- Proofread all ads and coordinate proofreading with customers
- Coordinate ad design with the production department
- Calculate advertising space and confer with the Publications Editor to determine the number of pages in each issue.
- Research grants and other possible revenue sources to help support the Diocese of Youngstown’s communications efforts
- Work with the Publications Editor to coordinate grant writing and any other revenue-generating efforts
- Establish a sponsorship system for diocesan media properties
- At least five years of advertising/sales experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Good people skills and organization skills.
- Knowledge of magazine business and competing advertising mediums.
- Knowledge of local markets within our six-county area.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to client meetings within the diocese.
- Some development experience is a plus.
- Background clearance and Safe Environment training required
PRINCIPAL RELATIONSHIPS: Production staff on development of advertisements; Billing department for billing of advertisements and collection of past-due accounts; Publications Editor, regarding publication size and for awareness of possible advertising and revenue opportunities; Bookkeeper, for billing/collection problems and overall sales performance review plus monthly/yearly budget; Communications Director regarding the development of new revenue streams; Administrative Assistant to pull tear sheets, check invoices and mail promotional materials
To Apply: Please send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be considered until the position is filled.