- Provide music and direct the choir(s) or cantor(s) at all regularly scheduled weekend (and Holy Day) liturgy services, Saturdays at 4:00pm and Sundays at 11:00am with two weekends of paid vacation per contract year.
- Wedding and funeral Masses paid by stipend: Organist $100 , Cantor $50
- Develop and foster a cantor program including practices. Rehearsals paid at $25/hour
- Develop and foster a choir program with regular practices. Rehearsals paid at $25/hour
- Select and provide pipe organ, piano, and choral music for each service as well as additional services during the year.
- Qualified applicants should have a music degree with experience and/or ability to play a pipe organ.
- Work collaboratively with other music directors from the Catholic Community.
- Attend scheduled staff, liturgy and committee meetings with reasonable notice. Meetings are paid at $25/hour.
- Report to the Pastoral Team on the condition and needs of maintenance for musical instruments.
- Establish and remain in compliance with the Safe Environment Policy for the Diocese of Youngstown required.
- Submit a bi-weekly time log for payroll.
- Expected hours: 4 – 10 per week
Qualified applicants should have a music degree and experience playing a pipe organ.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
See all job opportunities in the Diocese of Youngstown at doy.org/jobs