CRS Rice Bowl – Local Grant Deadline
CRS Rice Bowl is the official Lenten program of Catholic Relief Services, the official overseas international relief and development agency of the United States Bishops. It was created in 1975 with the goal of entering into solidarity with our brothers and sisters overseas through prayer, fasting, learning, and giving. This Lenten program is conducted in Catholic parishes and schools throughout the Diocese of Youngstown. Seventy-five percent of the funds raised are sent to CRS for international development projects; twenty-five percent of CRS Rice Bowl supports local programs and initiatives that address hunger and poverty.
Local groups and organizations are encouraged to apply for grants that will alleviate hunger and poverty in your community. Guidelines are as follows:
- The project requesting funds must be operated within the geographical boundaries of the Diocese of Youngstown.
- Projects must be consistent with Catholic moral and social teaching.
- Recipient must be a not-for-profit organization.
- The project requesting funds should make an immediate impact to alleviate poverty and hunger within the Diocese of Youngstown.
- Grants are made on an annual basis only.
Completed applications (including required attachments) must be submitted to the Office of Peace and Justice, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Youngstown by July 31, 2023.
Grants will be awarded by September 15, 2023. If you would like to receive an application, please send your request via email to email@example.com and an application will be returned to you.