SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Financial Accountant will support the Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting in the overall day-to-day operations of the Department of Financial Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the general and subsidiary ledgers for various diocesan entities including the preparation and posting of monthly and annual closing entries.
- Assist in preparation of internal financial reports including budget to actual results and explanation of variances for the quarterly board meetings.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements with budget to actuals including detailed analysis of related variances.
- Prepare monthly accounts receivable all due reports to track past due balances.
- Work with the third party provider in preparation of monthly billings and accounts receivable including calculating billing amounts and recording transactions in the general ledger.
- Assist in preparation of annual work papers for the annual audit including the audited financial statements and related notes.
- Point person for online banking portal including setting up new accounts, ACH and check fraud prevention, downloading monthly statements and initiating bank transfers, ACH payments and wire transfers.
- Reconcile all diocesan bank accounts.
- Point person for online credit card receipts program used to print detailed transaction reports to record in general ledger.
- Point person for online investment portal used to print investment statements monthly.
- Reconcile investment accounts and record monthly investment activity.
- Prepare and report 1099s at year end.
- Able to multi-task and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of all data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy with strong skills in accounting programs (familiarity with Sage Intacct and QuickBooks preferred), Word, Excel, e-mail systems and other appropriate programs.
- Knowledge of the non-profit environment and familiarity with the workings of the Catholic Church is preferred.
- Fingerprint screening, credit check, and Safe Environment training required.
EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant is desirable.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in finance and accounting is required.
Email your letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com.
See all job opportunities in the Diocese of Youngstown at doy.org/jobs