The Office of Development and Stewardship raises funds in support of the Diocesan Church, its parishes, schools and agencies through effective marketing and communication techniques. The Office promotes Christian Stewardship of time, talent and material resources as a means of living a holy life.
Stewardship is a way of life. It challenges Catholics to be steward-disciples by using their gifts in service to God and others, while denying personal cravings for control and power. To be a good steward requires a disciplined life-style and an attitude of gratitude. The local parish continues to be the best source for inviting Catholics to be steward-disciples and “live life to the full.” The Diocesan Office of Development & Stewardship has and continues to serve as a resource for parishes wanting to incorporate the Stewardship Way of Life in their local community.
The Office of Development and Stewardship accomplishes its mission in accord with the 2015 Pastoral Plan for Evangelization by:
- Conducting Offertory Programs, Capital Campaigns and Life & Estate Seminars for parishes, Catholic Schools and diocesan agencies
- Securing grants for parishes, Catholic Schools and diocesan agencies
- Promoting endowed gifts to the Diocese of Youngstown Foundation
- Providing resources, workshops and seminars to parishes that promote Stewardship of Time & Talent
- Convening a Diocesan Stewardship Commission that offers tools and programs promoting stewardship as a way of living a holy life
- Managing a Prospect Research Database for parish, Catholic School and diocesan capital needs
- Promoting Planned and Deferred Gifts for parishes, Catholic Schools, Diocesan Agencies and the Diocese of Youngstown Foundation
If you would like more information, or even a personal visit with one of our staff to discuss your parish’s or agency’s situation and opportunities we make possible, please contact our Development & Stewardship team.