Position Summary: The Caseworker for the Guardianship Program works closely with the Guardianship Supervisor and is responsible for the delivery of direct services. The Caseworker will serve as a Guardian of Person for multiple wards of the Ashtabula County Probate Court. The Caseworker is responsible for ensuring the execution of the mission of the Agency as it relates to the implementation and development of the Guardianship Program.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties that are assigned:
- Responsible for direct services as directed by the Guardianship Supervisor which will require site visits.
- Work in conjunction with the Ashtabula County Probate Court, Adult Protective Services, and Volunteer attorneys.
- Develop, build, and work with referral sources and community partners as a liaison of CCAC by promoting and educating the Guardianship program in the community.
- Serve as a contact person for information and referrals, perform client assessments.
- Participate in Volunteer recruitment activities and Advisory Board meetings.
- Communicate to the Guardianship Supervisor the fiscal, personnel, mechanisms and environmental needs/concerns for program maintenance and development.
- Begin the process of becoming a National Certified Guardian after completing two years of being a Guardian of Person.
- Demonstrate strengths-based approaches, principles of self-determination and person-centered planning with client.
- All client documentation requirements completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Be a positive and active participant in the planning, goal setting, and evaluation of the programs services.
- Attend required meetings, which may include evening and weekends as well as overnight travel.
- Attend events and activities sponsored by the Diocese of Youngstown or area Catholic parishes.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Exercise considerable judgement with a high level of confidentiality.
- A high level of computer expertise in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including producing clear, concise reports.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to adjust to the environment of the target population including making visits to nursing homes, shelters, and personal living environments when needed.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good writing skills and the ability to analyze extensive data and create written reports with
accuracy and brevity.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and engagement skills with a challenging population and in non-traditional work conditions
- Evidence of ongoing training and education in related areas of Guardianship.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Social Work, or a related field, or/and two years’ experience preferably in the human services or behavioral health field. LSW or LISW is a plus.
Certificates and Registration:
- Successful completion of BCI/FBI background screening
- Successful completion of Exclusion Checks
- Possess valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable driving record and own, reliable transportation with insurance.
- Successful completion of drug screening.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, and climb stairs
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
3.2 Posting of Openings
Catholic Charities of Ashtabula County desires to promote qualified employees from within where it believes that is possible, consistent with the need to assure that all positions are staffed by highly competent individuals. New job openings generally will be posted on employee bulletin boards. Prior to any outside recruitment, the Agency will announce all new positions within the Agency for five consecutive working days (Employee Manual, pg. 10).
* Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Interested candidates, please make contact via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See all job opportunities in the Diocese of Youngstown at doy.org/jobs