SUMMARY OF POSITION
The bookkeeper (full-time, in Canton area) will prepare, process, record, and maintain financial records and documents following accounting best practices. Complete various administrative support duties as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep payroll records and process bi-weekly payroll
- Daily accounting functions: accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries, accruals, bank reconciliations, etc. following accounting best practices
- Maintain financial files in organized, easily accessible manner
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Computer proficient, particularly with QuickBooks, Excel and Word
- Strong organizational skills, meet deadlines as required
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Works collaboratively with church leaders and lay staff
- Must be a self-starter and perform duties independently
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Associate degree or higher in accounting or business preferred
- At least 3 years of previous relevant accounting or bookkeeping experience
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY
- Letter of interest
References should be made available upon request.
Send resume to email@example.com.