The Communications Assistant provides administrative assistance to the Department of Catholic Charities by providing social media support, data entry, digital and print media development, and assistance with general office tasks for all members of the Department.
The Communications Assistant provides administrative assistance to the Diocese’s Communications Offices (Media Relations, Social Media, Multimedia Production) by receiving inquiries and requests for services, collaborating on digital and print media development, data entry, and assistance with general office tasks for communications offices.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; detail-oriented
- Professional demeanor and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to create visually appealing print and media products as directed, and adaptable to various forms of cloud-based software
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Interest in social media, including trends and new developments, as well as proficiency with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Canva, Newsletter Tools (e.g. Constant Contact, Mailchimp); Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Adherence to the tenants of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Creative Writing, Digital Media, or related field preferred
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in an office setting, managing multiple responsibilities, working with diverse groups of people, and utilizing various technologies
- Experience writing for publication and public speaking
- Background clearances required
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
- Letter of Interest
- Three Professional References
These documents should be emailed to email@example.com.
|Job Category||Social Concerns & Catholic Charities|