St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church in Chagrin Falls, OH is seeking a Director of Music and Organist with a good understanding of Catholic liturgical practices and capable of using a variety of musical genres. The parish currently uses both Gather and OCP as our music resources.
The Director will function as a member of our pastoral staff and be responsible for nurturing the prayer life of the community through music. The Director must demonstrate expertise as a pianist and an organist on our new Allen G340 DK digital organ. The successful candidate will have experience in both vocal skills and choral conducting.
- Selecting and directing music for weekend liturgies, holy days, and special celebrations
- Directing and accompanying cantors and the adult choir from the organ/piano
- Recruiting and training of adult choir members and cantors
- Directing the children’s choir that meets twice a year (Christmas and Easter)
- Playing for wedding and funeral liturgies (stipend by contract)
- Maintaining and updating music library, instruments and overseeing all administrative aspects of music ministry.
A degree in music preferred and/or extensive music ministry experience. Prior work as a Parish Director of Music is required. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Interested applicants, please send resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 11, 2019. Include “Director of Music and Organist” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.