Parish: University Parish Newman Center/Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel, Diocese of Youngstown
Position: Office Manager
Classification: Hourly – Part-time 18 hours per week
Facilitates the flow of information and communication between the public and the church staff, keeps the church office’s daily functions running efficiently and manages the resources needed for the church’s ministries to be effective.
- Oversees the daily operation of the parish office.
- Assists the Pastor with the recording of contributions and sacramental records and the production of official copies of records.
- Maintains parish database.
- Edits and maintains the bulletin and website.
- Answers the phones, assists walk-ins, and welcomes all Newman Center visitors.
- Responds to the needs of the parish groups.
- Assists the Pastor with engaging the community.
- Writes/creates announcements for the weekend liturgies.
- Manages the parish calendar and the reservations of rooms.
- Ensures communication and alignment between all parish entities, especially in terms of scheduling.
- Manages the Mass scheduling, scheduling of liturgical ministers and weekend announcements.
- Provides clerical support for Campus Minister and Pastoral Associate as requested and as time permits.
- Periodically attends church events and organizational meetings.
- Special projects as assigned and other tasks as requested.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities
- 2-5 years previous Administrative Assistant Experience
- Proficient in written and oral communications.
- Highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- Results driven.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Computer literate in word processing, MAC/MS Office. Proficient in electronic communication including web, email and social media.
- Maintain Confidentiality at all times.