Full-time dynamic and passionate Catholic who will lead our high school and middle school students closer to Christ by example, teaching, prayer, service, and facilitation of transformational encounters with God. Using a Life Teen and Edge based model, will work with middle school and teenagers, adult volunteers, parents, and parish staff members to achieve the goal of forming young disciples for the Kingdom. Facilitate young adult ministry.
- Plan and execute weekly Life Teen Life Nights for high school students from September through May, with a mix of catechetical, social, service, and spiritual content
- Plan and execute bi-weekly Edge Nights for middle school students September through May.
- Spend time in the parish school and PSR program building relationships
- Lead a dynamic weekly Bible study/prayer group for high school students
- Recruit, train, lead, and support Core Members (adult volunteers)
- Communicate, advertise, and invite middle school students, teenagers & parents through digital, print, and social media
- Development of middle school and high school youth activities throughout the year
- Along with a team of adults and teenagers, plan and execute 2 annual weekend retreats
- Coordinate annual service opportunities
- Coordinate special event trips – Steubenville Conference, March for Life, Life Teen Leadership Conference, etc.
- Maintain involvement from students during summertime with spiritual and social events
- Foster teen involvement in liturgies as greeters, ushers, lectors, gift bearers, etc.
- Step into teens’ lives by attending school plays, sports events, etc., to do relational ministry
- Participate as a member of Parish Staff and periodically attend Parish Council meetings
- Develop relationship with the local Catholic and public high schools
- Develop opportunities for young adults
- Active, participating, prayerful Catholic who loves God and the Catholic Church
- Strong theological background faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Prefer currently working in youth ministry field with 3-5 years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to relate well to teens and middle school students while still remaining an authority figure
- Ability to teach, present, and pray in large and small group settings
- Creativity and Vision
- Flexibility and availability for evenings, weekends, as necessary for Youth Ministry events
- Technologically proficient with computers, audio/video equipment, social media platforms
- Strong planning and organizational skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of safe environment and VIRTUS screened
ABOUT ST. LUKE THE EVANGELIST PARISH
Youthful, dynamic suburb on the shores of Lake Erie ten minutes from downtown Cleveland. Lakewood is the place to be for young adults and families in the Cleveland suburbs.
RESUME REVIEW WILL BEGIN APRIL 1, 2021
Salary commensurate with experience, including diocesan benefits.
Please email resume, cover letter and three references to Fr. Kevin Elbert at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Youth and Young Adult Ministry|