Antonine Village is in search of a LPN to work on the night shift (10 pm – 6:30 am) or, if possible, from 6 pm to 6 am (12 hours). Some of LPN’s job description is as follows:
- Provides appropriate information to assist the Registered Nurse in the preparation and maintenance of an effective resident Care Plan.
- Gives nursing care as ordered on the Medical Plan of Treatment and Nursing Care Plan.
- Takes and records residents vital signs (including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, respiratory rate and weight)
- Performs specific treatments and administers medications as prescribed by a physician (oral medications and injections).
- takes client’s blood sugar levels
- Performs wound care and dressing changes when needed
- Documents and notifies staff of any changes in the resident’s physical or psycho-social’s condition, medications, treatments, etc.
- Attends staff meetings, resident conferences, and takes an active part in planning the resident’s care as needed.
- Supervises the nurses’ assistants.
- Provides care to residents, including personal hygiene maintenance.
- Maintains the confidentiality of the residents’ clinical records.
- Charts, documents, and maintains residents’ medical records.
- Records information accurately, legibly, and concisely following the current Medical Plan of treatment.
- Reinforces instructions given to the resident by the physician, Practitioner Nurse, and/or by the Registered Nurse and refers new needs to the Registered Nurse.
- Collects the residents’ health information.
- Assesses residents and reports back to the Registered Nurse in an accurate, concise and professional manner.
- Keeps the Registered Nurse informed of the status of residents and other related matters through written and oral reports.
For more information or to come for an interview, please contact Sr. Samia Abou-Shakra at (330) 538-9822.
See all job opportunities in the Diocese of Youngstown at doy.org/jobs