The Roman Catholic Diocese of Youngstown (DOY) and the Northeastern Ohio Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (NEOS ELCA) announce the 20th Anniversary of the Lutheran- Catholic Covenant, October 29, 2020. Signed October 29, 2000, by Bishop Thomas Tobin and Bishop Marcus Miller, the Covenant confesses the faith shared by Lutherans and Catholics and dedicates them to prayer, study, and action for Christian unity.
The Lutheran Catholic Covenant Commission invites the Lutherans and Catholics of northeastern Ohio to commemorate the anniversary:
- Announce the 20th Anniversary through the congregation bulletin, website, Facebook, or other social media.
- Organize an ecumenical Advent Bible Study.
- Pray for Christian unity during Sunday worship in October and November.
- Promote Christian unity through works of mercy and justice.
- View the commemorative video produced by the Catholic Television Network of Youngstown (CTNY): https://youtu.be/jQJZPKZi5ZE.
For a sample announcement, intercessory prayers, Advent Bible study, and more information about the Covenant, visit the Lutheran-Catholic Covenant website, www.lccov.weebly.org. For more information about Lutheran-Catholic ecumenical ministry in northeastern Ohio, visit the NEOS ELCA website: www.neos-elca.org and the DOY website: www.doy.org.