Ss. Robert & William Parish in Euclid, OH (www.srweuclid.cc) is seeking a full-time Music Director. Ss. Robert & William is a vibrant parish that seeks to keep Jesus Christ at the center of all we do! Ss. Robert & William has just over 1,400 families with an Early Learning Center and School that serve over 500 children. The parish is strongly rooted in the community and seeks to be a beacon of light to the community. We offer strong Worship with a focus on faithfulness to the Catholic Church’s liturgy. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, including opportunities for continuing education.
- A practicing Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church. Demonstrated understanding of compliance with Catholic Church’s teaching, traditions, values, and direction about Catholic formation and Liturgy.
- Bachelor’s degree in music or theology. A combination of experience or other relevant training may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree. Certification, experience, or formation leadership training in Catholic liturgy.
- Demonstrated ability to judge and select appropriate music for Catholic liturgy and formation.
- Collaborative team member with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent keyboard, organ and/or piano and vocal skills to lead worship confidently.
- Experience with traditional Catholic music and contemporary Catholic music and directing Adult and Children’s choirs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, plan and provide music leadership and support for Sunday and Holy Day liturgies, parish missions, select weekday liturgies, prayer meetings, funerals, weddings, and other parish events as appropriate. (The SRW 6 pm Sunday Mass is covered by a separate ministry.)
- Lead music at Ss. Robert & William and with school personnel lead a children’s choir and can cantor program for school and parish Masses.
- Oversee all technology, both audio and visual, for all events in the church building.
- Supervise associate musicians and music ministry disciples.
- Oversee the maintenance of the organ, piano, sound, other musical instruments, and auxiliary equipment.
- Recruit and train new individuals to participate in the music ministry.
- Coordinate the Liturgical Ministry Scheduling Program.
Documents required: cover letter, resume, and three references. Please submit to Fr. John Betters, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity is located in the Diocese of Cleveland, Ohio.
See all job opportunities in the Diocese of Youngstown at doy.org/jobs