St. John of the Cross in Euclid, OH (www.sjceuclid.com) is seeking a Music Director. St. John of the Cross is a vibrant parish that seeks to keep Jesus Christ at the center of all we do! Ss. Robert & William has just over 400 families. The parish is strongly rooted in the community and seeks to be a beacon of light to the community. We offer strong Worship with a focus on faithfulness to the Catholic Church’s liturgy. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- A practicing Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church. Demonstrated understanding of compliance with Catholic Church’s teaching, traditions, values, and direction about Catholic formation and Liturgy.
- Bachelor’s degree in music or theology. A combination of experience or other relevant training may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree. Certification, experience, or formation leadership training in Catholic liturgy. ·
- Demonstrated ability to judge and select appropriate music for Catholic liturgy and formation.
- Collaborative team member with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent keyboard, organ and/or piano and vocal skills to lead worship confidently.
- Experience with traditional and contemporary Catholic music.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, plan and provide music leadership and support for Sunday and Holy Day liturgies, funerals, weddings, and other parish events as appropriate.
- Oversee all technology, both audio and visual, for all events in the church building.
- Supervise associate musicians and music ministry disciples.
- Oversee the maintenance of the piano, sound, other musical instruments, and auxiliary equipment.
- Recruit and train new individuals to participate in the music ministry.
Documents required: cover letter, resume, and three references. Please submit to Fr. John Betters, email@example.com.
This opportunity is located in the Diocese of Cleveland, Ohio.
See all job opportunities in the Diocese of Youngstown at doy.org/jobs