By June 1956, the Catholic population in the areas of Boardman, New Middletown and Struthers had grown so much that Bishop Emmet Walsh decided to establish Holy Family in Poland. The earliest Masses were held in Poland Union School. Presently the parish enjoys a new church, renovated school, new gym and library. An additional 4.2 acres was acquired in 1998. There are 1723 households and a wide variety of ministries.