Our Lady of Mount Carmel was established in 1906 by Italian Immigrants & Missionary Priests of the Precious Blood. Italian immigrants of the time wanted to establish an Italian speaking parish to celebrate their feasts. Bishop Ignatius Hortsman of Cleveland granted the immigrants permission to establish a national Italian parish. The first priest at Mt. Carmel was Fr. Vito Franco.