In 1928, the parish of SS. Cyril and Methodius was organized to serve the Warren Catholics of Slovak descent. Rev. George R. Bobal was appointed as the first resident pastor.
In 1933, the Rev. John Kandrac purchased two public school buildings and moved them to parish-acquired property. Parishioners themselves dug the foundation and donated labor and materials to complete their own church building, and L-shaped white frame structure, which was blessed on September 17, 1933.
Later, under the efforts of their pastor, the Rev. J.A. Krispinsky, parishioners built one of the most beautiful edifices in the diocese, a modified Gothic church of rare and exquisite loveliness and a tribute to their noble Slovak Catholic ancestors. It was dedicated on May 20, 1950 by Bishop Emmet Walsh.
1234 High Street North East
Warren, Ohio 44483
2532 Burton Street South East
Warren, Ohio 44484
Saturday Vigil: (October – March) 4:00pm
Holy Days: According to the bulletin
Rev. Craig McHenry, Pastor