In 1947, St. James was established as a Parish. It was a time of post-war expansion. Hundreds of Catholics lived on the East side of town. They were hard-working people who took up the challenge to seperate from St. Mary Parish, and began their own faith community.
After beginning in what, at the present time is called the White Hall, the worshipping community moved to what is now the school gym. In 1962, St. James Parish began worshipping in the beautiful, new Church. During this time, the Sisters of Notre Dame worked hard in the school which has always been a vital part of the Parish, serving over a thousand children and their families. The school continues as part of the Warren Parochial School system.