Notice of an Administrative Opening for
St. Mary Elementary School, Massillon, OH
The Diocese of Youngstown is accepting applications for the position of Principal at St. Mary Elementary School, in Massillon, OH. St. Mary is a pre-kindergarten through grade 8 school with an enrollment of approximately 230 students. For more information on the school, please visit starkcountycatholicschools.org/stmary_home.aspx.
- Be a Roman Catholic, actively committed to developing a faith community and fully supportive of the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Be able to articulate and promote a vision of Catholic education
- Have appropriate academic preparation
- Have demonstrated leadership ability in past or present educational assignments
- Have the capacity, enthusiasm and intelligence to inspire teachers and students, parents and community
- Be highly motivating
- Have strong interpersonal skills
Purpose of Position: The principal is responsible for the leadership, administration, and implementation of the school’s curriculum and instructional program in accordance with the school’s mission, including enhancing the Catholic identity of the school, the establishment of the professional development program for the instructional staff, the guidance program, student activities, athletics, instructional technology, student discipline, and the general operation of the building.
Opening notice: May 25, 2023
Deadline for applications: June 12, 2023, or until position is filled
Interview date: To be announced
Send cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Dr. Jim King, Associate Superintendent
Office of Catholic Schools
144 West Wood Street
Youngstown OH 44503
Further information may be obtained by calling (330) 744-8451.