Development and Stewardship
The Office of Development and Stewardship
The Office of Development and Stewardship raises funds in support of the Diocesan Church, its parishes, schools and agencies through effective marketing and communication techniques. The Office promotes Christian Stewardship of time, talent and material resources as a means of living a holy life.
The Office accomplishes its mission in accord with the 2015 Pastoral Plan for Evangelization by:
- Conducting Offertory Programs, Capital Campaigns and Life & Estate Seminars for parishes, Catholic Schools and diocesan agencies
- Securing grants for parishes, Catholic Schools and diocesan agencies
- Promoting endowed gifts to the Diocese of Youngstown Foundation
- Providing resources, workshops and seminars to parishes that promote Stewardship of Time & Talent
- Convening a Diocesan Stewardship Commission that offers tools and programs promoting stewardship as a way of living a holy life
- Managing a Prospect Research Database for parish, Catholic School and diocesan capital needs
- Promoting Planned and Deferred Gifts for parishes, Catholic Schools, Diocesan Agencies and the Diocese of Youngstown Foundation
Diocese of Youngstown Stewardship Commission
Stewardship of Material Resources – Revenue Enhancement
“His master said to him, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. Since you were faithful in small matters, I will give you greater responsibilities. Come, share your master’s joy.”’
Jesus’ parable, “The Talents,” reminds us that we are expected to “return to the Lord with increase” that which was entrusted to us by God. Stewardship of material possessions plays an essential role in the life of the Christian Steward. The Office of Development & Stewardship offers programs addressing stewardship of material resources and revenue enhancement.
Parish Offertory Programs
The Office of Development & Stewardship will provide the following services:
- Onsight assistance with development of case, theme and timetable
- Analysis of current offertory giving patterns
- Design and printing of parish flyer with giving chart and financials
- Homily outline and training for witness talks
- Design and printing of commitment cards and giving guidelines
- Printing and mailing of personalized acknowledgements to respondents
- Printing and mailing of personalized follow-up letters to those not responding
- Recording of all responses and comparing them to past giving patterns
- Preparing bulletin inserts on progress of the program
- Designing and printing a bulletin flyer on program results
- Printing and mailing personalized reminders to respondents for three quarters following the program
The office charges a fee of $7.50 per participating household and this fee is all inclusive: printed materials, mailings, postage, etc.
Disciples of Jesus live with joy & gratitude in their hearts. Their lifestyle serves as a model of Christian Stewardship and promotes evangelization.
It is recommended that every week, in every parish, a stewardship reflection should be included in the weekly bulletin.