Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Youngstown extends the love and compassion of Jesus Christ to those who are poor, vulnerable, and without hope. Through tangible assistance and other essential services, Catholic Charities affirms human dignity, meets basic human needs, strengthens families, builds communities, and empowers others to transform their lives.
Services Provided May Include
- Basic Needs Assistance (food, utilities, prescriptions, toiletries, hygiene, clothing)
- Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter
- Outreach and Ministry to Immigrant and Migrant Populations
- Pregnancy and Family Support Services
- Senior Support Services
All of the Catholic Charities’ services and programs are provided to qualifying persons regardless of faith, age, sex, race or ability to pay. You do not have to be Catholic to receive assistance at Catholic Charities.
Corporal Works of Mercy
- Feed the Hungry
- Give Drink to the Thirsty
- Clothe the Naked
- Visit the Sick
- Visit those in Prison
- Shelter the Homeless
- Bury the Dead