The mission of the Archives Office is to collect, preserve, and make available the permanent and official records of the Diocese of Youngstown, its people, parishes, churches, institutions, and associations.
Joan Lawson, Chancellor & Diocesan Archivist
(330) 744-8451 x290
Hannah Klacik, Archives Assistant
(330) 744-8451 x302
If you are unsure of where your sacramental records are presently located because of the closing or merging of your parish, please see our List of Sacramental Records Locations.
Requesting a Sacramental Record:
The Archives of the Diocese of Youngstown holds sacramental registers from closed parishes and institutions. Due to the personal and confidential nature of the information it is Diocesan policy that sacramental registers created after 1930 are not available to the public.
The following individuals may, however, request and obtain certified copies of sacramental certificates by completing the form below:
- The recipient of the sacrament;
- If the recipient of the sacrament is currently a minor, the minor’s parents;
- If the recipient of the sacrament currently has a legal guardian, the legal guardian;
- If the recipient of the sacrament is deceased, an immediate relative;
- Requesting church institutions;
- Persons who demonstrate a legitimate reason for requesting the record.