Christ Our Savior Parish is composed of 2 campuses: Holy Trinity north of the Mahoning River and St. Nicholas south of the River. In 1865, a mission out of Villa Maria in PA was established in Struthers to serve 15 families. The community built a church in 1871 and in 1885 became a parish with the name of St Nicholas in honor of the then chaplain, Fr. Nicholas Franche from Villa Marie. In 1928 the St. Nicholas Community built a school on the current property on Fifth Street. In December 1944 the church on Lowellville Road Burned down for a second time and the community built the present Church on Fifth Street.