St. John the Baptist parish was established in 1919 to minister to the growing number of Slovak immigrants to Campbell (then known as East Youngstown). The first resident pastor was Fr. John Krispinsky. A school was established in 1926 under the direction of the Ursuline Sisters. It was closed in 1984 due to a declining enrollment. A new church was dedicated in 1954, a beautiful edifice is still in use today. The number of parishioners peaked in the 1960’s with 750 families. The number of households has dropped to about 540 families due to the closing of the steel mills in this area. The parish still remains a viable presence in the city of Campbell.
159 Reed Avenue
Campbell, Ohio 44405
159 West Rayen Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio 44503
January, February, March, April
Rev. James Korda, Administrator