St Joseph Parish was established on June 17, 1966 by the Most Reverend James W. Malone, Bishop of Youngstown. It was formed from the rapidly expanding Austintown area, centrally created to relieve some of the burden of Immaculate Heart of Mary and St. Christine Parishes.
The first Mass was celebrated at the Wellman Wedgewood Cinema in the Wedgewood Plaza on June 19, 1966. Shortly after the establishment of the parish, plans were made for the construction of a church, school, social center and rectory. The parish property is a former Christmas tree farm located on New Road. The men of the parish cut a number of pine trees for sale for Christmas of 1966. Other trees were transplanted around the area for the site to retain it’s tree covered appearance.
The Parish is composed of approximately 1700 families with a good mixture of young, middle age, and older families. St. Joseph Parish offers a wide variety of activities for people of all ages.
4545 New Road
Youngstown, Ohio 44515
Saturday Vigil: 4:30pm
Holy Day Vigil: 7:00pm
Holy Days: 9:00am
Rev. Gregory Fedor, Pastor