Founded in 1902, St. Stanislaus was organized by Polish immigrants. The church opened on South Ave with 80 families led by Pastor was Rev. Charles Ruszkowski. However, in 1925 a new church was built at its present location on Williamson Ave., with a connecting school staffed by Franciscan Sisters from Chicago. Religious organizations were formed, and are still active today. Presently St. Stanislaus Parish remains mostly Polish, however membership is very diversified.