The Eucharistic family of Saint Charles Borromeo lives Christ’s healing mission by forming faithful disciples who spread the Gospel through word and action.
Functions and Duties of Position
- Full Time Position
- The Director of Music will be accountable for all aspects of the music ministries at Saint Charles Borromeo Church. This will include personnel, contractor and volunteer management, liturgical and event planning, budget management for the music program as choral director, musician pianist/organist and vocalist.
- The Director of Music will report to the Pastor.
- The Director of Music will have ultimate responsibility for coordinating all music.
- Hiring paid musicians that are not employees for special liturgical celebrations.
- Overseeing all volunteer choral ensembles.
- Overseeing the cantor ministry which includes training and scheduling.
- Providing music for weddings and funerals in accordance with Diocesan guidelines and standards of the liturgy.
- Overseeing maintenance of organ, piano and sound system in the church.
- Managing the music budget.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Participate as a member of the Worship Committee and all appropriate subcommittees.
- Possess good leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Respect of Catholic doctrine and knowledge of Catholic liturgy.
- Experience in directing choral music in church.
- Experience in administration of music programs, managing organized choirs and working with children, youth, and adult volunteers as well as with professional musicians.
- A bachelor’s degree in organ/choral conducting with strong organ and piano skills
- Communicating with strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- Compliance with Diocesan Safe Environment requirements.
Opening Notice: November 15, 2023
Deadline for application: January 16, 2024
Interview Dates: TBA
Effective date: TBD
Send cover letter, résumé, and three professional references to:
Very Rev. Msgr. John A. Zuraw, J.C.L.
Pastor – St. Charles Borromeo Church
7345 Westview Drive
Boardman, Ohio 44512
See all job opportunities in the Diocese of Youngstown at doy.org/jobs