Department Of Social Concerns

The Diocesan Department of Social Concerns oversees the Offices of Catholic Charities, Social Action, Hispanic Ministry and Bishop’s Appeal, and serves as the liaison with Catholic health care institutions, nursing homes, and St. Vincent de Paul Societies located within the Diocese of Youngstown.

Director for Social Concerns

Secretary

Staff Accountant

Office Of Catholic Charities/Diocese Of Youngstown Catholic Charities Corporation

Catholic Charities extends the love and compassion of Jesus Christ to those who are poor, vulnerable, and hopeless.  Through tangible assistance and other essential services, Catholic Charities meets basic human needs, strengthens families, builds communities and empowers others to transform their lives.

Diocesan Director of Catholic Charities

Grants and Projects Coordinator

Administrative Assistant

Catholic Charities Legal Immigration Services Supervising Attorney

Catholic Charities Legal Immigration Services Intake Specialist

Office Of Social Action

The Office of Social Action provides legislative and public policy analysis and advocacy in light of Catholic social teaching; coordinates the local efforts of Catholic Relief Services and the Catholic Campaign for Human Development; provides education and formation on issues of social justice, diversity and racial justice; and coordinates rural life ministries, and criminal justice and detention ministries.

Criminal justice and detention ministries bring the healing an teaching ministry of the Church to those imprisoned; to the families of those incarcerated; to victims of crime and their families; and to those who work in the criminal justice system.  Criminal justice and detention ministries are carried out by a network of dedicated volunteers, both lay and clergy.

Diocesan Director of Social Action

Office Of Hispanic Ministry

The Office of Hispanic Ministry provides pastoral services and support to diocesan parishes, Hispanic Catholics, and migrant farm workers; broadcasts an all-Spanish radio station; coordinates formation opportunities for Hispanic leaders; and coordinates the recording of weekly Spanish Masses for shut-ins, which airs on the Catholic Television Network of Youngstown (CTNY).

Coordinator of Hispanic Ministry

Hispanic Ministry Program Assistant

Office Of Bishop’s Appeal

The Annual Bishop’s Appeal for Catholic Charities and Church is a diocesan-wide, parish-based fund raising campaign taking place during the Lenten Season.  Through the Bishop’s Appeal, registered Catholics throughout the Diocese of Youngstown are provided with an opportunity to respond to their Gospel call by making a pledge or one-time payment to support the work of Catholic Charities in helping those in need. 

The Office of Bishop’s Appeal plans each annual campaign; coordinates mailings and events; analyzes data; processes pledges and payments; prepares correspondence and reports for donors, parishes and the community; and engages in public relations activities to promote the Appeal and the work of Catholic Charities, which receives 66% of the funds raised.  The remaining 34% of the funds are designated for diocesan ministries including programs that promote family life, the formation of youth and young adults, the sanctity of human life, and religious education.

Interim Director of Bishop’s Appeal

Database Coordinator

Data Entry Specialist

X