Notice of an Administrative Opening for Principal, Cardinal Mooney High School, Youngstown, Ohio
Cardinal Mooney is a prominent Catholic high school in the Mahoning Valley and has been known and respected since 1956 for maintaining excellence in its academic, spiritual and extra-curricular traditions. Cardinal Mooney’s time-tested educational and character development program produces highly successful graduates that are leaders in business and industry, government, the Church, education, arts, and entrepreneurship.
Reports to: President
The Principal reports to the President of Cardinal Mooney and serves at the direction of the President. As a member of the Leadership Team, the Principal works closely with the President to further the school’s strategic academic and enrollment objectives. While the President is the overall mission leader and responsible for promoting the integration of faith and culture within the School, the Principal serves as the day-to-day educational and spiritual leader. The Principal has significant interaction with the Board of Directors and acts as the Chief Operating Officer of the school, responsible for the day-to-day management of the School.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the President to help fulfill the mission of Cardinal Mooney into the daily life of the
- Overseeing the effective implementation of the curriculum and co-curricular
- Achieving excellence through effective communication with all stakeholders and collaboration with all members of the school faculty and
- Scheduling, curriculum development, faculty evaluation and supervision, extracurricular activities, personnel management and accountability, emergency procedures, and facility operations for students and
- Creating a safe learning
- Managing the school’s policies, regulations, and
- Collaborating with Campus Ministry and faculty to ensure the mission is carried out in a traditional Catholic
- Serving as the academic leader of the school while inspiring the faculty to its highest level of professionalism through goal setting, accountability, personal support, professional development,
- With the administrative team, managing, evaluating, and supervising effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values, and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, and discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building hours, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures.
- Taking an active role in the recruitment of prospective students and their families.
- Advising the President on all-school policies and programs and the overall activities of the school, as well as on appropriate federal, state, and local developments that affect the school and its delivery of
- Ensuring that the school is in compliance with the requirements of authorized planning, regulatory, accrediting and inspecting
Preferred candidates for this position will:
- Be a practicing Catholic.
- Be a person of honesty and integrity.
- Be committed to the Mission of Cardinal Mooney.
- Nurture a growth mindset and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Present evidence of successful leadership.
- Be energetic with the ability to inspire others.
- Show a willingness to be highly visible.
- Have outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Possess knowledge about current academic trends and pedagogies.
- Possess an advanced degree
- Be an experienced Catholic high school administrator.
- Have a minimum 5 years of teaching experience.
- Posses a certification or ability to obtain certification.
Cardinal Mooney is an equal opportunity employer. Our intent is to recruit, hire, train all persons in all job groups in accordance with the law, without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, disability, national origin, or any other protected status.
Please email Letter of Interest and Resume to Patty Kalasky at email@example.com