Parish and Campus Ministry Openings in the Diocese of Youngstown
726 Cleveland Avenue NW
Canton, Ohio 44702
Reverend John Sheridan
Parish size: Medium
St. Peter School Grades PK-5
The Parish Communities of the Basilica of Saint John the Baptist and Saint Peter Church seek a qualified full time Parish Director of Religious Education to oversee the catechetical needs of the families. These Downtown Canton Parishes work together in a friendly collaboration to serve the needs of the Church and the broader community. Primary responsibilities include administration of the combined programs of elementary CCD, Youth Ministry, RCIA, and adult faith formation, in collaboration with the Pastor. Candidates must have knowledge and practice of the Catholic Faith. Preference will be given to those holding a Master degree in Theology or working towards the proper qualifications.
To apply, please contact:
Reverend John Sheridan
The candidate should be a self-starter, able to do general custodial cleaning, repairs, set up and tear down for church and school events, and seasonal work.
The individual should be able to work effectively in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities. The physical demands are as follows: Balancing, carrying, climbing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, sitting, standing, reaching, crawling, stooping, bending, shoveling, walking and moving objects. The employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds, climb step-stools or ladders and complete “heavy work”.
Job offer is contingent on the successful passing of the mandatory Safe Environment Policy requirements including the Ohio BCI background check and completion of the VIRTUS training program. Compensation: $15 per hour is commensurate with experience and ability. Benefits are according to Diocesan policy.
Email résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 30, 2022.
The Catholic Newman Center at YSU
Job Title: Development Director
Responsible to: Newman Center Chaplain
Description: The Development Director reports directly to the Chaplain and is responsible for leading and managing the fund development program, raising funds for the ministry and programs of the institution, and managing all committees involved in fund development activities.
- Prepares annual plans for all fund development activities. Develop and maintain a three-year plan for the development program which is updated annually.
- Oversees all matters related to the execution, management, and support of the fund development program.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and closes gifts. Maintains an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the organization
- Continually increases the number of constituents in the fundraising database.
- Maintains relationships with staff at the YSU Alumni Office, the YSU Foundation, the
Diocesan Development Office, and local Catholic high schools to facilitate information sharing.
- Works closely with the Administrative Assistant to implement the Newman Center Data Policy, maintain database health, and revise the Policy annually.
- Conducts a minimum of twenty (20) face-to-face visits monthly with potential. benefactors in the form of Discovery, Cultivation, Solicitation, or Stewardship meetings.
- Submits weekly and monthly personal activity tracking reports.
- Keeps the Administrative Assistant informed of all constituent relationship milestones and personal data.
- Assists in scheduling, coordination, and follow-up of face-to-face visits for the Chaplain or other staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Supervises the stewardship process, including prompt gift acknowledgement, for all benefactors.
- Prepares progress reports regularly and submits to the Chaplain and Executive Council.
- Participates in Advisory Council meetings and maintains relationships with them.
- Plans and supervises direct mail, phone-a-thon, special event, and other solicitation activities as needed.
- Plans and supervises the production and distribution of newsletters, brochures, emails, and other marketing materials in support of the organization.
- Supervises activities of volunteers and other development staff.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Chaplain to include special projects to assist in the overall fund-raising efforts.
- Participates in weekly office meetings and uses a shared goal tracking system.
- Stays informed on latest development standards, practices, and ethics.
- Participates in semi-annual performance reviews assessing fulfillment of duties and effectiveness according to Key Performance Indicators, with the possibility of bonuses or raises.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing who upholds all Church teachings, loves the Church, and sees development work as an essential component of Catholic campus ministry.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher.
- Preferable involvement in a campus ministry program as a student or three years’ demonstrated success in managing a fund development program.
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising principles or a willingness to learn them.
- Enthusiasm and excellent people skills. The successful candidate must have the flexibility to handle the needs of a fast-paced office and the special needs of benefactors.
- Perseverance in difficult tasks and resilience in the face of setbacks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and to lead and motivate others, especially volunteers.
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, budget, timetables, and action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with the Chaplain, other staff members, a development consultant, campus representatives, and volunteers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Ability to learn new software, take advantage of existing features, and continually improve workflows.
- Understanding of or willingness to learn about the charism of the Dominican Order.
- Affinity with, and passion for, the overall mission of the organization.
- Background clearance required prior to hiring
To apply, send cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to Dan Moraczewski at email@example.com
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish
381 Robbins Avenue Niles, OH 44446
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish seeks a full time Parish Director of Religious Education to provide lifelong faith formation for this multigenerational, family centered community. The person selected will be invited to recruit teams of persons to design and implement effective adult faith opportunities for parish missions as well as develop small faith sharing groups, with attention to all adults, and a welcoming approach to invite young adults to share their gifts with the community. He or she will oversee elementary catechesis, serve as compliance officer, prepare young people and their families for reception of sacraments, promote active youth ministry, and facilitate the RCIA process. An M.A. in theology, or willing to work toward an M.A. is preferred.
To apply, please contact:
Very Reverend Monsignor John A. Zuraw firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 330 652-5825
DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION & ADULT FAITH FORMATION | St. Joseph (Randolph) & St. Peter of the Fields (Rootstown)
May 1, 2022
St. Joseph Parish, School Pre – 8
2643 Waterloo Rd Mogadore, Ohio, 44260
330 628 9941
St. Peter of the Fields
3487 Old Forge Rd
Rootstown, Ohio, 44272
330 325 7543
Combined Parish size: Medium
Reverend Zachary Coulter
St. Joseph and St. Peter of the Field Parishes are two small rural parishes in Portage County, Ohio. Both have a long history, dating back to the 1800’s and a great spirit of volunteerism. The parishes have recently begun a collaborative relationship with each other. As such we are looking for a full-time director of religious education and adult faith formation to help coordinate and organize the religious education at the parishes. St. Peter has a PSR program and St. Joseph has a school with preschool through 8th grade. Our long term PSR principal is retiring this year. As such we want to move forward with a new better integrated religious education program that sets up complimentary programs in both the school and PSR classes. Along with childhood faith formation, this position would also be helping organize and facilitate adult faith formation, including RCIA, as well as oversee the youth ministry of the parishes. Being smaller parishes, both had looser programs based on volunteers. Together they form what equates to a medium sized parish and require a more systematic and organized approach. While the integration has already begun, we are looking for someone with vision. For the most part this position would be helping to introduce and develop new programs and structures for faith formation that would better fit the new circumstances of the parishes. We need someone who wants to be a pioneer, willing to innovate. We are willing and desire to try new ideas, while remaining true to our faith. We are looking for someone flexible and having the ability to work in faith formation of young children through adults.
Immaculate Conception Parish 409 West Main Street
Ravenna, Ohio 44266
An experienced Pastoral Minister is invited to join the existing staff at Immaculate Conception Parish, an active adult community, to enrich liturgical training and further development in evangelization. Primary responsibilities include visiting the sick and homebound parishioners, preparing the volunteers who bring the Eucharist to the homebound, enthusiastic in promoting a missionary discipleship among parishioners through small faith groups, and designing outreach to underserved groups within the community. It is hoped that an online presence for parish ministries can be expanded. This may be a full time or part time position depending on the applicant’s qualifications and availability.
Reverend William Kraynak
Phone 330 296-6434
Saint Dominic Parish and the Dominican friars in Youngstown seek a part time cook. This position is a great way to support the Dominican presence in the Youngstown Diocese.
Hours: 16-19 hours per week, Monday-Thursday 2-6pm. Some Fridays as requested.
Responsibilities: Shop, prepare, serve, tidy up for evening meals. Meals include 6 friars, plus guests. In the summer, the community includes seminarians, for a total of 10 or 11 friars.
To Apply: Please contact Father Vincent DeLucia, Pastor: email@example.com or (330) 783-1900. Please note relevant experience in meal preparation, with references.
Background check and participation in the diocese’s child protection training will be required of the successful candidate.
Blessed Sacrament Parish is seeking a full-time director of religious education. Applicants should be committed to evangelization by teaching the faith of the Apostles, fostering Catholic spirituality, and reaching out to the periphery through compassionate service and invitation. Parish offers great potential for growth and outreach to the faithful of all ages.
Responsibilities at Blessed Sacrament include: pre-K to 8th grade CCD, preparation for the sacraments of initiation, vacation Bible school, child protection compliance officer, religious education records, etc. DRE will facilitate adult catechesis including RCIA at Blessed Sacrament and Warren St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish.
Preference will be given to persons certified in or willing to become certified in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. Please submit resume via email to the pastor, Reverend Christopher Cicero, firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish size: Medium
Phone: 330 372-2215
Guidelines for Application for Diocese of Youngstown Ministry Positions
Listed above are the positions available in the Diocese of Youngstown. Persons currently employed as a Parish Minister in the Diocese of Youngstown may send a cover letter and a resume directly to the pastor, and are asked to notify Barbara Walko, Diocesan Director of Faith Formation and Lay Ecclesial Ministry, of any applications for consultation services.
Interested persons not currently employed in a parish of the Diocese of Youngstown are asked to:
- Submit a letter of interest, resume, transcripts and references to the Diocesan Director of Faith Formation and Lay Ecclesial Ministry to initiate selection and to receive information regarding positions available.
- Set an appointment with the Diocesan Director of Faith Formation and Lay Ecclesial Ministry or the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry for orientation to diocesan guidelines for certification and employment procedures.
- Send a letter of interest and resume directly to parishes and notify Barbara Walko of any application.
Ministry Openings outside the Diocese of Youngstown
COORDINATOR OF MIDDLE SCHOOL AND YOUTH MINISTRY | Holy Spirit Parish, New Castle, PA (Diocese of Pittsburgh)
Education: A bachelor’s degree in religious education, catechetics, theology or a related degree is preferred
Requirement: The candidate must (1) Be a fully initiated Catholic in good standing; (2) Experience in Administration and Supervision; (3) Experience in catechizing or teaching religion; (4) Experience on a variety of levels, including youth and young adults is preferred.
Please send a cover letter, resume, clearances, evaluations, references, letters of recommendation and any other pertinent information to:
Sister Annie Bremmer, osf
910 South Mercer Street
New Castle, PA 16101
Deadline for submission is: May 15, 2022. A copy of the Formal Job Description detailing all responsibility can be found at: https://holyspiritparishoflawrencecounty.org/job-postings
Or at the Holy Spirit Parish Office 910 S. Mercer St. New Castle, PA 16101