The Catholic Church presence in Conneaut began in 1847 with a visiting priest from Painesville Ohio. By 1884 the parish of St. Mary the Immaculate Conception was formed. A church was completed in 1888. In 1950 the associate pastor at St. Mary Church organized a Mission Church in the harbor area of Conneaut to accommodate the Italian immigrants. On January 10, 1955 the Mission was formally declared a Parish named St. Frances Xavier Cabrini. In 1998 the two Conneaut parishes began collaboration efforts and in 2008 both parish merged into one called St. Mary/St. Frances Cabrini Parish. The parish was renamed Corpus Christi Parish in 2013 and currently has 747 households registered.