St. James Chapel celebrated the first Mass by founding pastor Fr. George Brugger, on Oct. 24, 1926 in the Corretta building in Waynesburg, Ohio as a one-room chapel mission. By June of 1928, land was secured and plans to construct St. James Church became possible. A rapid moving plan, the cornerstone was blessed on Sept. 3, 1928. The construction was completed and the first mass was Oct 14, 1928. By April 1, 1961, the ground breaking began to construct a new St. James Church on the adjacent church grounds. The new brick structure would seat 300 and have a spacious rectory and church hall. The construction was complete on May 21, 1962 and the first Mass was offered on May 27, 1962 by Fr. Fabian Frecker.
400 West Lisbon Street
Waynesburg, Ohio 44688
Saturday Vigil: 4:30pm
Sacrament of Reconciliation: Saturday 3:00pm – 4:00pm or by appointment
Rev. Joseph Zamary, Pastor