St. Joseph Church was established in 1902. The Italian Romanesque church is noted throughout the USA for its beauty and architectural significance. The parish was founded to accomodate catholics of German and Irish descent who were moving out of the Saint John / Saint Peter area to the then west suburbs of Canton. Now the parish has a wide background of Catholics of all ethnic origins. The parish is noted for its Raphael choir. The choir of 50+ voices sings weekly at the 10:30 AM Sunday Mass and all major feasts.