In 1866, a group of 33 families, many who had immigrated from Germany and made their living in the local coal mines, pledged $50 to $100 each toward the building of their own Catholic Community.
The church was completed in October of 1867, with the dedication on Dec. 19 of that year. St. Barbara, patroness of ministers, was named as protector.
Since then, parish growth has been steady and today St. Barbara has over 850 families.
2813 Lincoln Way West
Massillon, Ohio 44647
Saturday Vigil: 4:30pm
Sunday: 8:00am & 10:30am
Holy Day Vigil: 7:00pm
Holy Days: 9:00am & 7:00pm
Sacrament of Reconciliation: Saturday – 3:30pm
Rev. Brian Cline, Pastor